The Department’s Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) launched on 15 June 2020. This table outlines all substantive changes made to PAL topics since launch.
In the process of transitioning all Department policy over to the new PAL we have also made a number of overarching changes and updates to Department policy, including:
- providing a consistent policy structure, with a summary for quick reference, and full policy details sitting underneath
- providing contact details for all topics, for school queries or feedback
- updating language to remove ambiguities
- clarifying the role of school council, where applicable, such as whether or not school council are the decision-making or consulting body for a particular issue
- providing new and updated resources to support schools to implement Department policy and guidance, such as template forms
In transitioning all policy over to PAL we have re-set the date that the policy was last updated to reflect the date of PAL launch. This does not mean that all policies have been significantly changed in terms of school requirements. For significant changes, refer to the table above.
We will continue to update and improve PAL content to ensure schools are able to access information that is clear and accurate and we welcome feedback from schools to support this process.
Reviewed 20 January 2021